This matcha Japanese tea bowl featuring hydrangea is typically used in early summer. In Japan, end of June through to early July is a rainy season. Moderate in temperature, neither hot nor cold, but once it rains it can be humid and unpleasant. It is at this time you feel impatient for summer to come and the best thing about this season is being comforted by beautiful hydrangeas that pop up everywhere showing off so many different colours.
Hydrangea is indeed a popular subject when it comes to motifs for Japanese tea bowl. Many of us love this flower and this matcha tea bowl is perfect for entertaining guests, and for someone who is starting to practice tea ceremony at home. I urge you to take this bowl out when it is raining outside and make yourself a cup of tea. Holding this beautiful tea bowl in your hands will surely brighten your day.
– Featuring hydrangea – a popular floral motif for early summer tea bowls
– Mino Ceramic Ware
– Comes in a cardboard gift box
Suitable Season: Early Summer
Not dishwasher/microwave safe
– We recommend soaking the bowl in lukewarm water before using it for the first time. This is to prevent damage such as staining or cracking.
– This bowl is made from natural materials which makes the unglazed part breathable and water absorbent. To protect from mould, please dry throughly after use, before putting it away.
– Please avoid exposing the bowl to highly acidic materials such as lemon and vinegar for long periods of time as the acid may cause discolourisation.