Simple and innovative, this water sharpener with two grinding wheels is truly a game changer. This product is a revolutionary invention for both home cooks and professional chefs who prefer the convenience of using a simple push-and-pull type sharpener rather than traditional whetstones.
Some of us find using traditional whetstones a little daunting. If you don’t get the angle right or if you are not careful, you could make your knife more blunt. But this water sharpener is so simple and easy to use. Many global kitchenware companies are recommending using this type of Japanese water sharpener for their knives. It is equipped with two grinding stone wheels. As the name suggests, you put water in it. The gray wheel is a coarse diamond stone. The white wheel is for finishing, which is a fine ceramic sharpening stone. The key is the water you put in this device. It does two things: cleans the edge of your knife by keeping away grinding waste and prevents the knife from overheating.
How to use
- 1. Fill the sharpener with water.
- 2. Insert the blade on the gray coarse grinding wheel first (marked “1”).
- 3. Gently push onto the whetstone, steadily rolling forward and back.
- 4. Repeat 7 or 8 times.
- 5. Move to the white grinding wheel (marked “2”) and insert the knife.
- 6. Repeat the same action.
- 7. Wash the knife and wipe clean before use.
- 8. Throw away the water from the sharpener, clean, and dry before storing.
If you have our Kasane Versatile Knife or Kasane Petty Knife, we recommend you use this sharpener every 3 months or whenever you feel you lost their initial sharpness. You will be amazed at the result. Please note you cannot use a sharpener for serrated knives such as a bread knife.
This sharpener is designed for double-edged blade knives. Please do not use it for single-edged blade knives such as Japanese sashimi knives.
Good knives are best sharpened by a professional and there is no doubt about it. But this is a practical, economical and convenient way to keep your knives sharp at home at all times.
– Easy to use push-and-pull type sharpener
– Water keeps knife edge clean and stops from overheating
– Uses diamond abrasive (coarse / gray wheel, marked “1”)
– Finish with alumina-based ceramic abrasive (fine / white whieel, marked “2”)
– Anti-slip rubber on the bottom as well as on the handle
Handle: ABS resin
Cap: Polyester resin
Country of Manufacture: Japan
There are no reviews yet.